Champagne house J.M. Gobillard et Fils is located in Hautvillers, 5 km from Epernay, in the heart of the Champagne region. Hautvillers is a beautiful village surrounded by vineyards, with its abbey where the great cellar master Dom Pérignon sparkled the first champagne pearls around 1681. The tomb of Dom Pérignon can also be visited in the church there. Thanks to this Benedictine monk, Hautvillers has become the most famous village in the entire Champagne region. “The birthplace of Champagne”
Gervais Gobillard decides to make the switch to viticulture in 1933 and thus follows his passion to become a winegrower. He hands this over to his son Jean-Marie and Champagne J.M. Gobillard is born. Jean-Marie dies too early due to a tragic accident. From this moment on, the Champagne House is led by the four children of Jean-Marie; Thierry, Philippe, Jean-Francois and Sandrine.
J.M. Gobillard is the “largest” Champagne house that sells De Leidse Fles, with an annual turnover of 1,500,000 bottles. More than half of this is exported, mainly to the American and Asian markets.
At the Cuvée Prestige (Rosé) Millésimée and the Privilége des Moines, the keys of Hautvillers and Leiden are beautifully designed in the bottle. At De Leidse Fles wine import we speak of a Leidse Bubble!